On behalf of the team, it is my very great pleasure to announce that the Holon Platform version 5.2 is now generally available from Maven Central.
Three new modules are now part of the Holon Platform:
- The Holon Reactor module, which provides reactive support for some of the core platform APIs (such as
RestClient) using the Project Reactor APIs.
- The Holon MongoDB Datastore module, which provides a MongoDB
DatastoreAPI implemetation, including support for asynchronous and reactive programming models.
- The Holon Vaadin Flow module, which represents the platform support for the Vaadin Flow (10+) web applications platform, focusing on UI components, navigation and data binding features.
See Modules to learn about all the available platform modules.
Along with all the latest bug fixes, there is also a lot of new features and technology updates coming with this version. Just to name a few:
- Technology updates: Spring 5, Spring Boot 2, JAX-RS 2.1, Swagger/OpenAPI 3, JPA 2.2.
- Support for asynchronous and reactive programming for some of the core platform APIs, such as
- A better support for the JDK 9+ module system, providing automatic module names for each artifact included in the Holon Platform.
Furthermore, many API enhancements and new features are included in this release, along with performance optimizations and improved API extensibility. The public Java API is fully compatible with the previous versions, for a seamless migration from version 5.1.x and 5.0.x.
See What’s new in version 5.2 for a complete list of changes.
As always, we are happy to receive any feedback or suggestion! We are always open to the community: don’t hesitate to open issues and pull request on GitHub.
So don’t wait any longer and start from here with the new platform version.